Picture1.jpg
MarthaDredging.jpg
CHClearning.jpg
MarthaDredging2.jpg

Restoration and Rebirth...

The Skipjack Martha Lewis was built in 1955 by Bronza Parks in Wingate, Maryland.  Her sister ships, Lady Katie and Rosie Parks, were built in the yard alongside Martha.

 

Parks built Martha for Captain James Lewis, who named the boat after his mother. She was fully restored in 1994 at Havre de Grace, MD under the direction of ship builder Allen Rawl.

 

Martha has served the community well since her 1994 restoration.  But 26 years later she is once again due for a remake. Martha is now in the final stages of another complete restoration at Ruark Boatworks in Cambridge and is scheduled to return to service in Havre de Grace in 2022. She is owned by Chesapeake Heritage Conservancy.

  • Facebook
amazonSmile.JPG

For news updates scroll through our FaceBook page below

LastSkipjacksProjectLogo.jpg